We at Musical Money Limited are committed to maintaining the privacy and security or any and all personal information we collect from you, our customers. The main reason we will collect and process your information is to fulfil orders placed with us and to provide and maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction. In cases where you have specifically consented we will keep you up to date, usually via email/Telephone. This privacy notice explains in clear language who we are and how to contact us, what information we collect and why, and how we use that information and which third parties that information may need to be shared’ with.
Who we are
Musical Money Ltd – Registered Office 52 Court Farm Rd, Newhaven, East Sussex. BN9 9DH
Please contact the Musical Money Ltd Data Protection Officer to make a request under the Data Protection Act or EU data protection regulation or if you have any questions about your personal information:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address above
In the event that you are not satisfied with the response from the Musical Money Data representative, you may contact the Information Commissioner directly - https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
What information do we collect
- Information you have provided to us such as Forename, Surname, Delivery address, Billing address, Email address and Contact phone number.
- Information relating to payment transactions processed as part of placing an order with Musical Money Ltd such as payment provider (Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Bank Transfer), transaction reference and status. Please note we do not store your credit card details.
- If you have signed up for a User Account we store your User Name and an encrypted version of your Password.
- If you contact us (either via our Contact Us page, direct email or via post) we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
- If you have placed an order and respond to a Service or Product Review request from a third party providers (Google Reviews) we may store your review and comments.
- General website analytics information relating to how users arrive at our site, how long they stay on the site, pages visited, how our site search is used etc.
- If you visit our premises your image may be recorded and stored for a short time in our CCTV system for security purposes only.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Why we collect this information and How we use it
We collect personal information from you so we can process orders placed and keep you updated on their progress. Only where you have given specific consent will we use any information collected to contact or update you with marketing communications relating to products or services. When you submit an order with us your personal details may be shared internally with any member of our staff and to fulfil the delivery of your order your personal details may be shared with any relevant third-party courier companies (Fedex, DPD, Royal Mail, APC Overnight) or product suppliers/distributors.
Where you have given consent to join our email marketing list, you consent to receive email marketing from Musical Money Ltd in the form of newsletters, product updates and information, promotional offers and discounts etc we will not share your email address with any other third parties for marketing purposes.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information is generally that we either have your explicit consent, that we require this information in order to perform a contract with you or that we have a legitimate business interest to do so.
How long we store the information we collect
We will securely store your information as long as is necessary for warranty, financial and tax storage requirements. Once we no longer have a legitimate business need to store or process your personal information we will delete or remove it at the earliest opportunity.
The information we collect may be stored and processed in various locations, this will not include locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Who we may Share your personal information with
In order to fully process and deliver orders placed we will share relevant personal information with third parties where required and where opt-in consent has been given we will share relevant personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Delivery and logistics partners to facilitate the delivery of your goods.
- Email service providers that enable us to send relevant marketing email communications.
- Server management and data storage providers that host and manage our secure website and business software applications.
- Payment service providers that enable payments online through our website, payment links or over the phone.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights as an individual:
- The right to be informed - you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, the purpose of processing your data, the retention of your data and who it may be shared with.
- The right of access - you have the right to be told what personal data we hold about you on our database and how we process that data. You also have the right to be provided with a copy of all personal data we hold (in a format and time frame that is reasonable to request, not exceeding 1 month), we will not charge for providing this information.
- The right to rectification - you have the right to have any inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if incomplete.
- The right to erasure - you have the right to have personal data erased, also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. Where appropriate requests have been made, deletion of personal data will be processed within 1 month.
- The right to restrict processing - you have the right to request restriction or suppression of your personal data although this only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability - you have the right to obtain and reuse the personal data we hold for your own purposes across different services. This would generally involve a copy or transfer of the personal data we hold in an electronic format from one IT environment to another.
- The right to object - you have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling.
For further information on your Individual rights please visit the Information Commission’s Office website - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above please contact on the contact details provided previously.
Updated 24th May 2018